Sunday, July 28, 2013

Getting a Taste of Edmonton

So this weekend officially wraps up the end of Taste of Edmonton. I had never been prior to this year and all I have heard are mostly negative reviews of how the food is so teeny and how it will cost me an arm and a leg. As you know from my last entry I recently bought a car and money is now TIGHTER to say the least. I didn't know if I could afford to binge eat at some food festival and feel hungry after and go out again.

After much deliberation I thought "What the eff, you only live once." So I pre bought tickets with my dad. Atco gets a pretty decent deal. 60 tickets later (plus buying 10 more) I must say it was fun.... well s fun as Edmonton can get in the summer. ( I say this grudgingly because, after coming back from a asian country you really feel like you are in withdrawal)

A few weeks prior to the actual start of the festival ( I think its classified as a festival) I looked it up on the internet and pulled its website for its menu. After printing it off I circled the top 15 things I wanted to try. There actually was some good items ranging from 2 tickets to 6. (Each ticket if you buy the day of is 1$) I also enjoyed how the menu had little pics indicating if it was vegan, vegetarian etc.

Taste of Edmonton Menu 2013

HERE ARE some pictures of the food:


 This was actually our last stop with our remaining 5 tickets . It got us a whole freshly cooked up sausage on some sauerkraut and buttered bun. At this point Dustin was ready to hurl he was so full.
 Deep fried pickles were not bad too bad there was only three which makes for awkward sharing. We always ended up getting the larger size. I am told in previous years there was no choice between small and large sizes.

 forgot the name but it was from a food truck. It wasn't too bad except the tomatoes were cold and the onions could have been cooked longer.
 Bisque from Hotel Mcdonald was delicious and well worth the 2 tickets.
 This was the spinach thing from the Greek vendor and it was super dry and not really tasty. I got it since it was large in size and I was trying to go for a ticket to size ratio. BIG mistake.
 Me and Dustin prior to getting stuffed =)


 The long line for lemonade.
 Both days we went we got the large lemonade which only makes sense. For one ticket more you get the 24 oz not the 12 oz. ( later there were some red bull girls and we scored a few red bull drinks which we then put into the lemonade cup ... YEAH FOR Being asian and not spending money )
 I didn't like the boar make and cheese. I found it lacked flavour and it could have been cheesier.
 One of my all time favs butter chicken with quite a kick and lots of creamy goodness.


 Koreans made us some bulgolgi meat balls.  Not enough sauce on the rice though
 Sadly, no nuts on my pad thai either! DAMN NUT ALLERGIES
 The mac scone was divine too!! Thanks to Amisha for telling me its a MUST eat
 Scalloped wrapped in bacon and deep fried mars bars. The scallops in bacon was soooo salty I had to chug some red bull.
 We would have cooled off there but there were tons of naked and semi naked kids probably taking a pee in the pool . EWW why do people think its ok to wear diapers and swim.
 Another deep fried confection. It was kinda dry so not to my liking.
So on our first day back this old man talked to us on the LRT. Liana and I thought it was hilarious and harmless fun till he said some inappropriate words and crossed a line... TO THE TUNE OF : I would love to play with you......
The pic is blurry since sneak attack pics rarely work out for my slow processing phone. IT IS TIME TO UPGRADE (phone number 11 will be mine or as soon as the Note 3 comes out)


No comments:

Post a Comment