Thursday, April 18, 2013

All You Can Eat Hot Pot: King Noodle & Hot Pot

So right before final I was craving the soup. Rerain and I ventured to a dingy little place called King Noodle and Hot Pot. I heard from my co-worker THIS WAS THE PLACE for hot pot. It was around 5 pm when we arrived and there was only 3 other tables occupied other than ours. The price for an all you can eat for anyone over a certain height (pretty much age of 12 unless you are super tall or short) is 23.99.

 the building itself looks super old and ghetto.  it is near 97th street so I guess that is a given. ( yikes my hand got in the way)
You get this ordering sheet. some items cost extra like certain broths.
We had to share a burner .
what the rest of the restaurant looks like. It wasn't too dirty on the inside at all. Quite clean actually.
here are the variety of sauces they offer. YUM to the mashed up garlic.
Rerain and I pretty much got every sauce available.

we went for spicy both sides. but since its halved you can choose. We should have chosen the clear broth since this one was sOOO oily my stomach hurt. 

We ordered platters of meat for lamb, different beefs and even different seafood.
I think their seafood can be a hit or miss some of it tastes fresh(er) while others were super fishy.
we had some sides such as this rice and some chinese sausage and triple fat meat.
our food was cooking. rerain ordered too much noodle types and we just couldn't finish it.
we also got ice cream (blueberry cheese cake)


All in all not bad for 23.99 plus tip. There was tons of vegs too and if I was hungrier I would love this place even more. I am an advent hot pot cooker myself at home so I think you should only come if you are really into meat and get lots of it. Don't just get the spicy one unless you don't want to be able to taste anything. I was so full after this I passed out. =)

This isn't a bad place at all. I don't know if it ever gets packed because I went on a weekday 30 min after they opened. They are relatively fast with bringing out your meat and veg etc. The only limitation is a 2 hour eating time. SO EAT FAST.

Kings Noodle & Hot Pot‎ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment