Saturday, April 27, 2013

Why some HUMANS should be PUT DOWN

Tonight I was going for a nice stroll to WALLIE WORLD (aka Walmart) when Dustin and I saw two men arguing. With them was a small dog with matted hair growling. Then a huge  dog came down the stairs. We heard yelling "WTF you F**king let Zeus out" After this you see the two dogs running like the wind around the complex. At first we were going to shake it off, I mean it isn't any of our business how people choose to take care of their dogs. Then we see the two dogs book it for the main intersection above whitemud drive (whitmud off ramp).

MY HEART STARTED RACING
I am all about animals... ANIMAL CRUELTY is PUNISHABLE BY DEATH in my eyes.

So there we are seeing this little runt of a mangy dog running and dashing between stationary cars waiting for the green light going towards calgary trail. I tried dashing between the  cars too. PEOPLE looked at me as I wildly gestured. All this while the owner stood watching then disappeared.

ALL I COULD THINK WAS WTF.
I saw RED I was RAGING.

The little mangy one eventually ran backwards towards the complex but the large golden retriever did not. Zeus bonded down the street pass the intersection, pass the delta hotel and on his way to gateway blvd. It was a red light and I was wearing flip flops. I waited till the light turned green then shot down the sidewalk running after him, all the while praying he wouldn't get hit.

CARS WERE EVERYWHERE.

I called out to him . SCREAMING his name. ZEUS ZEUS ZEUS

HE happily bonds back, tail wagging, mouth open and drooling. Thank god he was alright and came back. Dustin ran up to me and help me secure Zeus who was full of energy. We brought him back to 517 Huntington Hill (upper coach home). I walked up the stairs and noticed the mess. The bottles and cans of booze everywhere, the screen door busted. Another little black dog peered through the bottom pane.

I asked" Is your dog zeus"
A woman in her underwear answered through the broken door
"YES"

We explained what happened.
All she could say was" Yes, my son and my husband are in a fight and they let the dogs out"

IN MY MIND I WAS SCREAMING" don't you care, why didn't you go after your dogs?"

Though I wanted to punch her in the face or take them all to jail I did not. I held my tongue.

"I don't know where your other dog is, the little one"

She goes "Oh he runs around he is little he should be fine...."


I reported this to the humane society.


I HOPE THEY can save the dogs.



My adrenaline is dying down as I write this.
What kind of dog owners are they.
They deserve to be put down .


what Zeus looked like but a bit fatter

No comments:

Post a Comment