Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Famoso Revisited

When it comes to chain restaurants there tends to be a spectrum in terms of food quality and service levels. I have been two three famosos now. (oliver, south edmonton common and magrath locations) My favourite thus far is the olive/ downtown location on Jasper.


These pictures are from the newer Magrath location though the Oliver square one has seen RENOS in recent months of 2013.


This is the white sauced pizza that dustin went for. We like having a white sauced pizza since these types of pizzas are MORE RARE. IN a sense you can't get this in the frozen aisle and most places have RED SAUCE.... tomato sauce. I enjoyed the potatoe slices and the silvered purple onions. The dough was a bit thick in my opinion. The dough at oliver location always seems to be thinner and lighter( which I prefer)

I went for the thai pizza with sprouts. IT was pretty good and not too spicey at all. ASIAN AND WHITE food at the same time win! I have tried this pizza at the south edmonton common branch as well but not at the oliver.
We went for their new dessert with caramel drizzle and pecans. IT was pretty good but not really worth 4.50 $  I could have easily ENGULFED it in less than a min BY MYSELF.

We went for the good old banana nutella dessert pizza. DELICIOUS. Unlike the other locations they had a pretty interesting take on their design. MORE WHIP THE BETTER in my opinion.

This meal cost us just under $50 and we were able to take about 5 slices home ( i ate them that night like 2 hours after) .

Though this location is closer since it is on the south side I prefer going to the one downtown. I just feel like they make their pizzas better , thinner , faster.

If you must go to the one downtown and then later hop over to DUCHESS for some more dessert.




Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria (Jasper Ave) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment