Friday, April 5, 2013

Come satisfy your sweet tooth @ Sweet Lollapalooza

Where is it: Lower level, Commerce Place, 10155 - 102 Street Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4G8
It is right under Sunterra a tiny little shop that is easy to miss right after the food court.

Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday
Saturday
Sunday
9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed


Their TELE:  780-436-3190

Their Current Website: CLICK HERE <he did tell me he is launching a newer and better one soon>

I first found out about this place maybe 6 or so months ago. The owner Chocolatier Brett Roy had come in at my work and being a "chatty kathy" or "asian and too friendly" I asked about his life. He went on to tell me he had a chocolate store. I was instantly CAPTIVATED. (I love choco) He had an accent and I first thought was it BRITISH? No, it was Australian and he had learned his craft there as well as travelled around the world to sample different choco and confections.

I had originally gotten a little pamphlet the size of my palm with his little storey a picture of a happy child mouth stained with choco (his daughter?) and a sample of his offerings.




I finally decided to visit this hidden gem yesterday since I saw a friend post pic of the chocolate offerings on facebook. the chocoholic in me could not resist. I HAD TO GO... well more like I really needed to find out where it was. So despite the NASTY winds yesterday I called up my brother and on our spares we went to T.H.I.S Place for some of there divine hot chocolate and then went to find the chocolate store.  Now I have had Purdy's and even Godiva's from their boutiques (godiva from calgary)  so I had a certain level of expectation.

Upon entering commerce place/ manuel life building? I used the map to find it. To be honest this little place is tucked away.

It really is just a little itty bitty store with some great chocolates. (props for their high technology yeah for the IMAC)

Here in their window some chocolate offerings with the names.
Another chocolatier? or helper brining out freshly made pieces.
cute little decorations around the little itty bitty store.

The owner Brett gave us a few samples to get a taste of his chocolate. This is great since I had never had it before and was hesitant to buy LOTS. (his chocolates are $2 a piece and some are $3 so a bit pricey but comparable to speciality shops like DUCHESS) He gave us the Earl Grey and the Teaism. THEY WERE DELICIOUS and we were hooked.

Here is ringing our stuff through. This is where he told me why he was not all into the SOCIAL MEDIA yet. AND HOW he gets BAJILLION emails asking him questions already on a daily basis. Poor chocolatier all he wants to do is make delicious and fine chocolate.

Yiba (brother) chose The Flat White which is super creamy milk chocolate. A little bite of this and you will be sent to choco heaven. The creaminess just keeps going on and on in your mouth. HE also went for Hazelnut Haze . I can't remember where I tasted something similar but it has a very satisfying crunch. Yummmm hazelnut praline is definitely in there. Yiba was a bit daring and went for the Torque  which actually had smoky chipotle pepper in it. To me it was a bit too much and made me think of steaks and pork chops. This one was a dark chocolate with some expresso. The chipotle taste came at the very end. I don't remember the name of the choco with the lips on it but it had some sort of japanese something in it.

The above pic are the chocolate I ordered and took home so Dustin could try it. (when he tried it he was dead tired he had already worked 11 hours of additional over time that week) I had the teaism again as well as the earl grey. My fav currently is the earl grey and flat white. The cherry blossom actually had cherry grand Marnier liqueur in it and I usually hate that stuff but it tastes SUPER YUMMY. I also went for the passion paradou which has a strong and fresh taste of passionfruit in t. The Valrhona milk chocolate ganache was well paired with the fruitiness of the passion fruit and this was all covered in dark chocolate.

It came in a cute little box.

I am definitely going back here a FEW MORE TIMES at least. I must try all their choco offerings.
DROOL


Sweet Lollapalooza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment