Monday, April 22, 2013

Moose Factory: Gluttonous Galore

So I dunno why I am really into the all you can eat recently. I didn't even feel that particularly hungry but Dustin and I ventured to Moose Factory on Calgary Trail around 5pm and began our gluttonous feast.

Their brunch which ends at 2pm would have been more suitable for Dustin a brekie lover. But for me I love MEAT and lunch/ dinner food. The cost for this all you can eat buffet is $26.99 a person and you still had to tip. YIKES the asian me was grimacing at this point.

 we got sat down at a two person table with enough space for you to bring multiple plates to you table.

 they had a salad or cold dishes spread going. I loved the smoked salmon offering. Though I have tasted better, it wasn't bad at all.
 they also have a variety of soups. I went for the split pea and ham. IT tasted alright but slightly too heavy on the salt.
 This was my plate number one. I still had the pile it on mentality though I could go back to get more again and again. I THINK there might be a 2 hour period you can eat I am unsure. I had their bun, they weren't warm but fresh enough. I had their ribs which were ok juicy but not the same as Montana's. For some reason I was really addicted to their rice which really is probably a variation of Uncle Ben's. Even their vegetables were smothered in butter. I also had their dark turkey meat. I particularly enjoyed it since it was SAUCY and moist.
 I was totally enjoying myself till I found this little GEM in my food. Now note I do not have any white hair. EWWWW this is one of the downsides of having buffet.... HAIRS (pukes in mouth a bit)

 My second plate I finally got their prime rib. IT had some seasoning on the outside and it was quite fatty. (which I like) However, this is not even comparable to the one I always get at Milestones which is so tender it melts in your mouth and you get an explosion of flavor. This one NOT SO MUCH. I went for the seafood cold salad which I think they just used a frozen pack.
 By my last plate I was not able to fill my plate to the brim. Went for lighter affair and watermelon since a lot of their stuff I found to be a bit salty.
 the decor was kinda cool really enjoyed the hue chandelier .
 We then headed to the dessert table which is separate from the rest of the buffet.
 There was also a chocolate fountain. I wish they had bananas though!
I went for bread pudding which actually tasted like a soggy cinnamon bun but STILL tastes delicious. Their carrot cake though cute was not yummy. It lacked the spices and was quite dry.
At this point, the food level was rising up my throat. It was definitely time to go.

Overall, I guess not bad for getting a entree soup main and dessert. The hair really put me off but what can you do. IS this better than the all you can eat hot pot? WEll not really depends on your mood and what you wanna go for. I think I should just wait the 8 days and eat all you can eat in Asia at the 5 star hotel!! (more to come on that)

Food Taste: 7.5/10
Food Quality and Presentation: 6/ 10
Service: 5/10  (waitress didn't really come back to fill your drink or take your plates away)
Atmosphere: 7/10 (it was clean)






Tom Goodchild's Moose Factory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment