Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Meet "Kitty" my new Cayenne Red Juke from Nissan (a car review)

So I think I mentioned previously that I bought a car.

Some people think this is surprising since I don't currently have a DRIVERS LICENCE. I tell people I made this decision based on 3 conditions:

1. There was 0% financing available on the model I wanted
( despite the 0% rate a co-worker has expressed that I am actually being JIPPED and I am actually paying something. after calculations we are at a stand-off in his eyes. In mine... I won. I think I am in fact getting a deal)

2. My father offered to pay for half of it
( being deadly broke and depending on a hourly - wage job for monies really puts you in a DOWNER)

3. My learners was expiring


So after searching online and going to 2 car dealerships, I finally made a purchase. I did lots of research online, pulling quotes and colors.


YEAH an I'm SOLD sign, stating its all mine.

Off course I first viewed this vehicle as West End Nissan and by the time it got to Mills Nissan (go auto) it had an additional 110 Km EFFFFFFF. Also, during the test drive my father missed seeing a curb and you hard a CRRREEEK as the poor car went up on it. The sales man was HORRIFIED.







AFTER MUCH THOUGHT I deleted the pic of my licences plate with my Hello Kitty Studs that kept the plate in place.... (a friend msged me on FB advising me it was unwise and i guess I DO AGREE)


I had to hello kitty it out. I am still waiting for a few thing such as a seatbelt cover. I am very short and I have to push the seat super far up causing the seatbelt to SUPER CHAFF me at all times. I also want to bejewl my front consol. Not included in the pictures is my hello kitty garbage can that I keep in the back.

I got cookies delivered to work as a THANK YOU for buying a car. ( it was definitely a surprise) 


When you get your own car, esp if it is brand new you can get a little PARANOID. I pretty much take pics of every car I park next too since I am afraid of scratches etc. It is also due to this paranoia I bought an extra package that will ensure up to $20,000 worth of repairs for the windshield, dents, scratches and loss keys (THANK GOD)


This model that I bought is the SL for Nissan Juke. It has leather interior and an upgraded surrounded sound. The main reason I got this model was for its navigation (which kind of sucks) and also the fact it is really the size of a mid-size car despite it being labelled a cross over. Though there isn't much trunk space I am COOL with it since there is only ME and DUSTIN at the moment. If we had a kid... things could get tight. I love my sunroof but I despise the fact I SHOULD use premium... gas is soooo expensive right now.

I usually drive the car on ECO mode but have my AC on. I cannot stand breathing in outside air or have the wind in my face as I drive. The ECO mode versus the TURBO or NORMAL mode = HUGE difference. On Normal when I step on the GAS it just goes from 0 to 60 LIKE THAT on ECO it takes more time.  ON Turbo ... well I haven't tried on turbo.


This review obviously needs to be taken with a grain of salt since I am not a PRO DRIVER and I sweat when I do lane changes or merges.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with its performance I just feel bad for my dad who has to drive it around to pick me up....... * yes I will be getting my drivers soon just waiting on AMA***

After several near deaths and some smooth rides I would say its pretty easy to drive and easy to park. The only bad thing is the sometime faulty NAV and its horrible blue tooth calling system.

No comments:

Post a Comment