Wednesday, September 11, 2013

planning your weekend in SIN ~taking on SIN CITY one plan at a time ~


Recently, my best friend decided to surprise me with a " HEY, I have decided to get married in the next 35 days." That is a line you can't just drop on someone, especially if you are considered her MOH( maid of honour).

I am a planner. ( you should see my 60 year plan with 5 year increments on my excel spreadsheets that are not only color coordinated but have a cash flow)

I hate surprises.

I NEEED TO PLAN.

So, first things first you got to get time off. Where I work, your schedule CAN (can is the operative word here) be drafted months in advance and when there are only a few people who are suppose to do your job there is not much LEEWAY or flexibility. So she drops the M- BOMB and now I am scrambling. A wedding in SIN CITY, to me this is such a DREAM, never would I imagine any of my friends being this bold.

I don't know the first thing about Las Vegas other than knowing one of my good friends lives there and attends law school at BOYD. I know its hot and I heard of all the great shopping and shows, not to mention the GAMBLING.

Number One/ Two: I hate gambling, because I have an addictive personality (yes I was addicted to butter) and also I hate losing.

Number Three: Vegas is actually expensive IF you are going with a significant other and on the weekend. I mean I have heard stories from my other friends who went SINGLE and/ or with other girls and got away with spending less then 1000 for 4 or 5 days. I am spending around 3 Gs for this trip..... (yes it is for 2 people) I mean with that price you could spend a week in a 5 star resort getting pampered and PRINCESS-ED up.... sacrifices sacrifices

I thank the LORD every day for google and websites such as lasvegas.com. It is with these things I can PLAN and not panick. I have already pre-booked the hotel 3 days after finding out we were going and now I am looking at activities and weather to better coordinate our time there. I need a plan and I hate ambiguity. Sadly, my friends who are getting married are the opposite. They enjoy RELAX and spontaneity that I am not comfortable or fond of.

So I booked a hotel a bit off the strip ( i am used to walking since I don't have a car THOUGH I BOUGHT ONE : blog entry on it ) and there was sick deal.



It is rated 5 STAR supposedly and Trump does have his own reality tv show so I am thinking it is safe to stay at this hotel OFF THE STRIP. After watching Hostel 3 I had fears of staying off the strip in Vegas, in fact I had a fear of going to Vegas.

I also am going to watch a show Mystere by Cirque since Dustin and I enjoyed the one we saw in Edmonton so much this past summer.  We got decent seats for about $85 dollars each but I am thinking I should still bring my spectacles.



I also went on viator and wanted to go on a canal ride and go see madame tussauds wax museum. This is a combo deal on viator and includes a lunch at the Venetian for $85 dollars a person. I have yet to buy this activity but with my experience in Tokyo for tours bought off this website IT SHOULD BE GOOD ( we went to Mt. fuji and to Ghibli museum)

So now its 22 days before our trip...
I am starting to GET PUMPED
All I have to do now is Plan more and pass my AMA insurance driving school .

No comments:

Post a Comment