Tuesday, September 10, 2013

sorry for being M.I.A

I really have been M. I. A for a while. Stuck in a bit of a rut really. In all fairness, I have been going to less EAT OUTS and therefore haven't found a drive to blog. 

Then I remembered that I do blog more than about food. Perhaps I am just extremely lazy or I am discouraged that people really only read my entries about food.

Tonight, after a horrible dinner @ State and Main (entry to come) at Southgate Mall and a somewhat short walk with Dustin and the dogs I read up on a online sensation. Two very ARTSY FARTSY people from NY started a blog about dating for 40 days. Though they had been long time friends they had never had the urge to date. It was such an interesting read.

Videos for the Blog

This is a good read and really interesting. This experiment really shows TWO SIDES of the story and broaches on common day problems for couples and single people. 

Inspired by what they did I have decided to attempt a similar version with Dustin. However, the topic and focus of this experiment is to document feelings between an EXISTING couple. The parameters of this experiment is to document the feelings and changes within a couple that have dated for 3+ years. I believe couples that date a long time also have unique problems of their own. 

Now convincing dustin to write a blog entry every day could be hard so I am expecting that you will not be getting both sides of the story every day.... you never know.

This experiment will also document my daily life as well as our journey as a person/ a couple towards societal agreed upon ACTS OF COMMITMENT : engagement, marriage and a child.

My framework is not to set the NUMBER of days but to record as much as possible. Being the CONTROL FREAK that I am, I have set our engagement date for next May 2014. I will attempt to record our fights, struggles and conflicts as well as OUR POSITIVES experiences until then. *fingers crossed* the next phase is the journey of a MALE/FEMALE engage-E and then the phase after is transition into PARENTHOOD.

ENOUGH THINKING ... lets start doing 

Project Start Date: Sep 30, 2013 




No comments:

Post a Comment