Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cha cha ching New Years


 So today is Chinese New Years Day and I headed to my mom's for a festive celebration. Before I went I decided that its a new year and I needed a new hair colour. Before I had stripped my hair with bleach (before xmas) and dyed it a vibrant red. However, with every wash the shinny ness slowly seeped away and I knew it was time to go BRUNETTE! Blondes don't always have all the fun.

This is when I had red hair but it was not super vibrant at this point and as you can see my black roots were starting to really show:

These are also my two dogs (oreo and kiko) They are adorable YET terrible at the same time.

So I went to buy a dye. I found this one for super cheap it was on sale and being an Asian I love sales. I have never had brown hair or any shade of brown so it was gonna be a hit or miss. The lady on the box looked a bit scary.
I use this brand because I like how shiny my hair looks after the dye and how it can retain the colour much better than other dyes. It is also not the most expensive dye and I don't feel bad when I buy it. Off course doing it yourself is much much much cheaper than going to a salon. I once paid close to 300 dollars for bang trim, adding layers putting in a colour and 4 streaks. The colour of the streaks were purple and faded within the week. WASTE.

After I dyed my hair I got into my super asian but only shirt I had that had red outfit:
Yes it is a hello kitty taking a picture and I paired it up with red pumps. Hope that was RED enough for CNY. Dinner was with some neighbours and my family and there was plenty of dishes:

The shot of these prawns still make my mouth water. They were quite succulent.
 Here are some of the other dishes that we had. One included a duck my dad smoked himself. There was also the triple fat pork that I didn't get a really good shot of but it was divine and probably going to cost me later tonight.
 We also had spicy sausages which I don't think was very traditional but they were just as juicy and had a really good kick. I think my parents got them from COSTCO.
 And this huge pot of soup was good too not super salty and still tasted fresh. There was daikon and meat balls which both had good meanings in CNY I think ....
 Here is my brother and father figuring out something with the camera. Alas these pictures were taken by me but on my brothers camera. His is also CANON but cost 3x the amount of mine.

Here is a shot of the people who came and laughing, I think I caught uncle walter in a mid stare or something.

 Off course I have work tomorrow so I chose the non alcoholic bubbly drinks. and i walked around the house in my very red DOMO slippers.

and off course I had to say all the right things to get my hello kitty red pocket. YEAAAH MONIES!!!


All in all a good CNY and now I super full and sleepy. ZZzzzzzzZZzz


No comments:

Post a Comment