Sunday, February 24, 2013

UGGS: the UGGly truth

Everyone owns a pair of UGGS or UGGS look alike.

It has become such a staple product that I don't even consider it a fashion trend.

So when UGGS were all the rage back in 2008 I daresay I couldn't stomach spending more than 2 bills on a pair of shoes even if TECHNICALLY they were financially feasible and were suppose to be a GREAT financial investment.

When I was BC I really didn't need them that much, yeah there was some snow but nothing really too scary since I had grown up in Edmonton.

When I finally bought a pair it was these Triple Bailey Button UGGS since I really love buttons and they rose higher up my calf. (This height is important since snow gets pretty high in Edmonton and if you sink into heavy snow you won't be protected unless you got boots that go past your calf... esp if you are short)

Eventually I accumulated 4 pairs and even gave one pair to my mother.

What have I really learned from spending this kind of money on these kinds of goods?
Well yah they are warm but really they are made in CHINA.... NOw lets all think about the word CHINA. IT does not scream quality, it does not scream warm and where does it scream SHEEP? Though its an Australian brand manufacturing is done in CHINA as everything is nowadays.

What I noticed is the lack of grippage when walking on ice.Iif you have the knit version rocks get in really easily and they hurt. The fact that if you get mudd on them its HELL on earth. The soles also wear out quickly perhaps they are not meant for some sidewalk walking or pavement.

I really hate it when people keep wearing their uggs after it is EVIDENT that they are DONSIES..
this pic i found on the internet since I am not NINJA enough to sneak attack someone and take a picture of their feet while I am walking on the ice without falling to my death.

Uggs are also obviously not made for the nasty salts and rocks we throw onto our winter roads. Like our cars which suffer from rust our uggs quickly show signs of deterioration because of the ice melting chemicals that people use.

So if you really want to be walking your dog in the winter don't wear your uggs, if that dog books it you are going to be a world of pain as you slip and fall on your face and the snow still ends up in your boot.

On an upside if you rarely walk UGGS are perfect, they are comfortable and nice and warm.

Plus I guess I have to never think about what sheep skin actually really means in real life. Instead i try to think of pleasant thoughts
Will I still wear them....
Not going to lie probably they are great for midterm week and final week

No comments:

Post a Comment