Friday, February 8, 2013

Cora's. A Slight Disappointment

So its 9 am and I just rolled out of bed. I scramble to get my ensemble together (hello kitty flowing sweater and tights) and Liana and I head to Cora's. It's a friday so I'm guessing there might have been a line. Thank god there wasn't. Parking was a bit tricky but we finally got into the establishment. I look around  and most tables were filled, mostly with screaming babies and seniors.



We looked at the Menu and since this is only the second time I have been here I asked Liana what to order. She suggested I go for a Panini Crepe that is loaded with fruit. She herself ordered a Cora's Special (I  think.. or not?). Since I am trying to keep trim for my upcoming Asia trip I stayed with water. NOW HERE COMES THE FIRST DISAPPOINTMENT. I found black specs floating around in my water as well as Liana's. I was horrified and couldn't bear to look at it.


Service was slow and I finally was able to flag down our waitress (she kept proclaiming she was French) and she gave me a new cup. When our food finally arrived I was ravished, slightly angry and getting RUDE.


This was Liana's meal and I was slightly perplexed by the lump on top of her crepe and ham. First of all this display was not very appealing and the lump kinda looked like my friend's cat's puke. It put me off my food for a while. Liana explained it was Liver Pate and it tasted good "on something with mustard". I had pate before and it was tolerable and at times even good, however, this version WAS NOT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND. The texture was lumpy almost expected it to be crunchy but it wasn't and the taste was just off. I quickly jugged down my water and started on my on plate. NOTE: her bacon did not look freshly made and some were rock hard while others were a bit soggy. She was also jipped a sausage. =/

As you can tell my plate did not really resemble the one in the picture from the menu. Of course meals never really match exactly. (McDonald Ads and their actual burger) The panini crepe tasted pretty decent but not extraordinary. The fruit was ok some looked fresh while others did not. I had exactly two peaches in my selection and they were an awful looking colour.

So, would I go back again? Well I was not a big breakfast fan to begin with but I am sure if my friends asked to go I would not say no. Thinking about breakfast, I cannot wait to go to Tokyo and Taipei. They have some awesome cafes with some crazy creations. One restaurant in particular DAZZALING offers an awesome spin on how we eat and view bread. Their version of "coffin bread" includes whip cream, fruit and even ice-cream.


More Food To Come.

On a side note this is what I wore to Cora's: KAWAII !!
Well m inus the shoes I wore my purple uggs

Cora (Calgary Trail) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment