Monday, February 11, 2013

What will you do on the day of hearts? ♥ ❤ ❥

Valentines day is fast approaching and this year I am really not looking forward to it. I am not cynical or hate on couples but rather its because I have 3 midterms (BACK TO BACK) that day then I have to go to work. This valentines day will be a day from hell and I will probably come home and pass out. YES tres romantic...

As I was making decoration for valentines at work I heard a co-worker say that hearts are actually made in response to the shape of a BUM. ew??? apparently it looks like the top of the butt. Butt and Butt cracks are not appealing nor are they romantic in any way... well to me at least.

This year I bought two types of Hello Kitty Valentines Cards from superstore and they were ... SUPER cheap . (32 + 27 = 59) man do I know that many people that I want to give out valentines to? then I realized when am I going to have the time to write people's name on it and do I have to include KISSES? (hershy kisses) I should probably be cramming hard core right now for my 3 midterms and yet here I am blogging.

Asking my friends and co-workers about their plans I found out that my Valentines day is probably the worst. One might get proposed to, one is going out to dinner, another is attempting to go to banff. Maybe by a miracle my manager will actually give me valentines day off so I don't have to work . In that case I am going to attempt a 5 course meal. I plan to make a few appetizers or just buy them from M&M Meat Shops.

So what is valentines day?
According to Wiki it is :

associated with Saint Valentine was that he was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry and for ministering to Christians, who were persecuted under the Roman Empire

I think I rather believe in the Roman version of Valentines day with psyche and cupid.
A think a cute fat cherub with shooting arrows and wearing next to nothing is more exciting than the real origins of Valentines day.
* note : do not google fat cupid... the images you get will make you poke your eye out*
on a side note I might go and watch safe haven on (Matinée Tuesday) it is from the producers of the Notebook. I don't cry often but when I watched the notebook times 1. 2. and 3 I did cry. Its probably one of those sensational chick flicks that no guy will willingly want to partake in.

No comments:

Post a Comment