Sunday, February 17, 2013

We met the DUKE and DUCHESS

So obviously I am really interested in eating. BUT I ALSO LOVE MY AFTERNOON TEA. maybe secretly i am part british.... (there will be a later entry on my love for tea and the different teas I have.)

So I have eaten at duchess many time and I just love it there. Off course it blows to park there so I tend to take the public transport.
 Their hot chocolate is not super sweet and typical of most places. Some people really hate it but I think it tastes great especially with my white chocolate raspberry scone. THOUGH this scone is nothing compared to the one from BEAR PAW in JASPER. (that scone is to die for and sells out LIKE THAT)
 This had a lot of almond paste and I was not a super fan of it but I just loved how massive this macaroon is. (my big and tee nee obsession)
 The lemon meringue was delicious and lite. I loved it. And I love their madalines even the lavender flavoured one. (note I really enjoyed their bacon flavoured macaroon but haven't seen it in a while)  Lemon Meringue is 6$ each macaroon is 1.50 $ and madaline was 95 Cents
 Here is the duke, super thick and rich great with a cup of strong coffee. ( I don't have a pic of the duchess but it is the exact opp. super light )
 This one was delicious but squashed as you can see from transportation. The raspberries were fresh too! IT was rose flavoured. I LOVE ROSE FLAVORED
ITS CALLED: L'Amour - raspberries filled with rose ganache, lychee buttercream, raspberry jam and lychees. DEEELISSSH
Here were some left over from valentines day boxes. (6 $ per box) 

They crumble so easily =/ but the salted caramel is another favourite.

It opens till quite late and it is often busy so I advise if going in larger groups to go a bit earlier.

I def recommend coming here at least a few times in a year if not more. I usually walk out with some dessert to go and having ate some there for around 35 DOLLARS.  They also have non-dessert menu items such as their house soup, some sandwich combos, bread and other non sweet pastries for those without a sweet tooth.



I had this soup twice and the first time I loved it but the second time i found it very oily and it gave me quite the upset stomach... i ended up eating 2 pepcids to counter the heart burn and indigestion.


Duchess Bake Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment