Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gym: The Dilema

The gyms are less packed since the NEW YEARS RESOLUTION phase has started to fade and people are not as gun-ho about heading to the gym. I unfortunately have to go to the gym since people in ASIA are a certain size and I am not quite there yet. Going to the gym is kind of like going to a zoo. There are people who flaunt their stuff, people who meekly workout in on little section or those who just look at other people working out. I believe I follow in the a fourth category, normal workout person except for my need to make everything INTENSE. Since I have a limited amounted time, I tend to push all my workouts to the extreme. For instance I go on the stair master 130 steps a min to start with and have gone to 162 steps( max) . I try to pack as much cardio in 30 to 40 min and then do an allotment of weights and stretching.

What amuses me/ grosses me the most are the following types of people:
1. girls who put on a lot of makeup before they work out
2. males who wear wife beaters that don't' cover their nipples
3. girls who push their butt way out as they go on a cardio machine
4. guys who keep checking themselves out in the reflection of ANYTHING
5. guys who are so ripped they can't reach for their water bottle
6. girls who are so ripped they are like guys
7. girls who don't wear much and just stand around looking at buff guys



I have been to 3 different gyms (good life, mace wan gym and spa lady) ... out of the the three I have always found those 7 types. 

So going to the gym for me is always a dilemma, going there is PAINFUL but once you start you feel great... then the high wears off and now you are just tired. I know working out is healthy and makes you look great but everyday its a battle. THE WORST is when they put the FOOD CHANNEL on while you work out and you are starving. I literally keep licking my lips .

Personally, I go hard or I go home. I am not a person that would go to the gym for 2+ hours to walk around, go slowly or take my sweet time. For me its in its out. Also, I have noticed that I have a certain body type. Due to my 155 cm stature every pounds IS HUGE on me and its really hard to notice when I lose weight. In addition, I have a particularly wide frame ... BIRTHING HIPS .... so I make sure I don't' do too much weights or else I bulk up. NO ONE REALLY APPRECIATES A 5 foot FEM HULK.

I also try not to use any machines that emphasizes my shoulders. When you are short and have a wider body frame, bulky or buff shoulders make you that much more unappealing and somewhat scary. I have stuck to triceps extensions, leg compressions abdominal crunches and some back and under arm fat reduction machines. 

ANOTHER WORST thing at the gym is when you are in your own world, doing your own thing and you feel someone watching you. 
A. it ether a creepy old guy 
B. A buff guy eyeing you up 
C. someone  trying to compete with you

Now I am very competitive by nature and when someone challenges me like that I have to rise to the occasion. Therefore, I go faster. This is a destructive cycle for I reach a certain point where the machine is clunking because I am going too fast.

*another horrible thought is when people talk super super super super loud on their phone... its not like everyone needs to know your convo as we are trying to workout... 

... All this work so that in 76 days I can look and feel smoking for my Asia Trip.

marisaskitchentalk.wordpress.com -

No comments:

Post a Comment