Friday, February 8, 2013

Infamous Starbucks

So obviously everyone here has drank from Starbucks at least once in their life... I hope. Being an advent caffeine chunkie I have had coffee from various sources. In edmonton i really particularly like Transcend Coffee and their ability to do so cafe art, remedy cafe is pretty good for their chai and if I am with my father I drink Second Cup ( he has a card).

So why do I go to starbucks soooo much? well its convenient, its close and their drinks are pretty standard. my favourite drink of all time is the pumpkin spice latte followed by the carmel machiatto and then the peppermint mocha. I like how starbucks have low caloried options for those who are CALORIE CONSCIENCE. Recently I have been drinking the skinny vanilla latte (tall is 100 calories). HOWEVER, starbucks has been seeing a huge turnover in the last little while and most of their baristas are new (SOUTHPARK location). so I often get some really nasty made drinks or badly poured shots.
YES shots of expresso do expire and go bad and they taste really really bitter. (I use to work at starbucks)

My favourite drink for cold is a vent caramel frappe with a shot of expresso on top then whip cream then caramel drizzle. DEEELLIIISSSH.

NOTE TO ALL who love the white mocha... it is deadly! one pump of that syrup is 70 calories and in a tall there is 3 and in a vent there is 5!! in cold drink its one more ... so in a cold vent its 6 pumps.. lets do the math here (70 *6 = 420) just in the syrup not even the milk or the whip cream. YIKES . though I suppose its better than a booster juice which if you check the calories and sugar content... it is quite high.

So today I went to starbucks before work got a medium skinny vanilla latte and guess what I got on the cup....
Apparently my name is now Mary ... I guess they are trying to either A. be sustainable and reusing cups after they made a mistake.. or B they are just not very bright.

SO is the price you pay for the coffee justified.... not really ..especially if you have been to asia and had drinks there. I LOVE taipei's 85 degrees  c cafe. so many selections not only in drink but also in food and dessert.





No comments:

Post a Comment