Sunday, February 24, 2013

Relax Sunday: Beauty Routines to Start the New Week

Its sunday again, the day of rest, the day to rejuvenate so you can once again face the upcoming week. This week was relatively relaxing for me already since I had reading week so I really have no complaints. The only dread on a sunday is that next day. I swear when the clock strikes 5PM i start to hate a bit, I start to complain and whine because I KNOW in a few short hours it will be that time again. TIME TO FACE THE WORLD. So what do I do to help me relax, so that I can once again go into the trenches and DO WORK?

First of all I go for a nice hot bath with a bath bomb. During Xmas times there was a booth set up in Southgate where they sold bath bombs that worked out to be 1.50 per bath bomb. FOR THOSE who know about bath bombs and love them you know how expensive they can be. The ones from LUSH are extremely extravagant and expensive. I think the cheapest one there is around $3.50 something. I haven't gone there in a while since I am really allergic to all the smells. Too much at once results in teary eyes and people think I had a breakdown. So I went for a tangerine bath bomb that made my skin silky smooth and the EXTREMELY hot bath felt like a great detox.

 here is one of my bath set up samples . it turns your bath into a nice pretty colour and  who could forget! the useful bath pillow I actually have two now.


I also advise using a beauty mask. I usually go for the restorative ones on a Sunday but this time I went for Taiwan brand "My Beauty Diary" series. The Pearl Mask. 


I bought this box of 10 pieces on SASA.com (for more information please click on my entry on How to Combat the DRYNESS of Edmonton ). I don't really follow the instructions and leave it on for 15 min. I tend to leave it on till it is almost dried so thats about 30 to 40 min. After I took the masks off I do want to say my skin seemed to shine brighter, I am not proclaiming that my skin as whiter or white like a "white person" but it seemed to glow more and there was less of a "dead skin" darkness look. I would say the look is almost equivalent to what KOREAN's look for in perfect skin. Off course, I'm super asian so I used the remainder of the JUICES on my neck (very important area for girls that are often ignored) my arms, scar tissue etc) Its wasteful not to use it all. You can find this series on SASA.com or even at TNT supermarket.

Though Edmonton may not be as dirty as major cities in terms of air pollution, you can still get some nasty plugged up pores. I use pore strips for my nose once a week to unplug and get rid of the nasties. I didn't take a pic of the after since it legit looks like little white worms sticking onto your nose strip. EWWWWwwwww
I bought these BIORE strips from ASIA in WATSONS but I have seem similar packages here. Note I have ones for white and dark heads nose strips these particular ones are for white head. 

For those who do not have super long eyelashes and want a fuller look you can use 
I also bought this in WATSONS (3 of them) and have been using them daily. I found that my lashes are stronger. I do have to be careful not to put too much during the day since it does clump up and ends up looking like eye boogers. It is relatively cheap I believe I go this stick for around $30 CAD. I don't have any before and after pics yet since I had a bit of a set back after I got eyelash extensions from L. Lash Bar. The technician was so new and ended up doing such a poor job that my eyelashes kept falling off or becoming twisted. I lost so many lashes. Hopefully this serum will help me regain what I have lost. 
But if you want to see some proof here is another blogger I found who has used it and has some BEFORE AND AFTER . and after googling it some more I found even white people use it... NOT ONLY ASIANS. This is great for the price you pay. ! 

After all week of walking around, the feet needs some loving and caring. I use  a variety of foot scrubs and balms to keep these babies happy. But recently I have been using Julep's INSTANT WARMING FOOT SCRUB. Like what it says on the back, it does make you say WOW. After using cold water on my one foot I put about a dime size on (it says to use nickel but my feet are tiny) The smell was awesome, def needed if your feet don't  exactly smell like roses. and it was warm and exfoliated my feet at the same time. You are left with a softer foot and it feels moisturized and not dry. You can instantly feel the difference. 


 This pic above is before the scrub (note the tiny hello kitty bandaid on my pinky... yes my nail ripped off at the gym =.)


EWWWww yes I have nasty feet. 


So that is my routine for a nice Sunday relaxing and pampering yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment