Monday, February 25, 2013

Revisiting Milestones ~ a FLASHBACK

Milestones is my go to CLASSY dinner and a night out. I mean they have great deals ... Monday is girls night and four girls means four drinks and four appies. Perfect if you can find 4 people that actually enjoy time with each other lol. sometimes that is difficult esp during exam week(s).

ANYWAYS.....

Milestones. I really enjoy eating their for birthdays, special occasions and I love their Wednesday date night theme. Its affordable and the choices aren't too shabby either.


And here is a rather large picture of their date night menu. The food they serve is actually really similar to what they have on their pictures. (RARE in some cases)
I think we can all afford a $50 dollar meal plus tip once a month ... or once every few months. In fact after my deal (I made a deal with Dustin that we wouldn't eat out for a month, the loser would have to do something incredibly stupid) I probably will head there either for a PRIME RIB or go for date night. For more on their many menus for many occasions please click here 

Now Im doing a bit of a flash back review of this place when I hosted a surprise birthday party for my mother. Milestones is great for keeping on time with reservations and they don't hurry you to finish your meal even if they are packed.

 I love their apple cobbler, every time I go I have to get one. They call it the :caramel gingered apple crisp. I love how the mint leaf is added I actually eat it too though most people just leave it as an ornament. I enjoy how the hotness of the apple is smoothed by he cold ice-cream and I love the caramel drizzling they got going on. And who doesn't like powdered sugar?  This one goes for C$7.99  or is part of your couple date night choice for wednesday.
 This is an appi we got the Mediterranean Bruchetta Flatbread . Though it is not as epic as the one we tasted in BANFF it was still pretty darn good. They could have used a sweeter balsamic vinegar though in my opinion.
 It was Dustin's birthday one time so we got this lovely thing I don't know if it was part of the menu or not I just reserved it as is birthday and we got this for free. I really like the sparkler it really adds to your night.

 These were yummy meatballs we ordered though there are only 3 they were quite large in size and surprisingly juicy and full of flavour. I guess their placing could be a bit neater .

And this is the famed SLOW ROASTED TRIPLE A PRIME RIB that just melts into your mouth along with the worcestershire sauce. perfection in my mouth. I personally love the fat! the more fat the better. This is the regular size and goes for $26.99 but I usually go for the chef's cut 28.99 its that much more fulfilling.



 This here is the Shanghai noodle stir fry that goes for $16.99. It is pretty good but made "white style" so its not super asian in taste. I really like the sesame seeds even if they do get stuck to my teeth.

 This dish is the pan seared scallops and the scallops are decent size and fresh. (well as fresh as they can be) it wasn't too salty and the scallops were delicate. Though this was my mother's dish she gave me several scallops and I would order this dish again. This  dish is also on the date night menu.

 This is one of the appi we got, the PHYLLO SHRIMP though cute it isn't really worth it. The shrimp is ok the presentation is cute but really you don't' get much out of it and it is deep fried.

This was their soup of the day, pea soup or something I didn't get a taste of it but it looked ok despite its oily appearance. It was quite a large bowl and I think a girl on a diet would be satisfied.

 Here was a spring salad that I tried, though you can add chicken on it I chose not to. IT was light but the onions were too thickly sliced so it had a really sharp TANG? to it. Its called the Milestone's California Spring Salad. It really reminded me of a home made salad from this little deli by Lyndale Accents in the West side. What I enjoy is the spice that accompanies each glazed pecan though I would have like to see not only pecans but walnuts as well.


This is the steak you get from the date night menu, small but good enough if you are not a BIG eater. I personally like my steaks fat tie so this was not really great for me. The carrot were cute though and I enjoy how tender they were and how they had no skin.

I have also tried from their appi menu the Baked goat cheese and slow roasted garlic flatbread. I really enjoy the poppy reads on their goat cheese and their different dips. I personally like the fig jam( yah i like old people food =)

Milestone's on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Vivian! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/131/10318/Edmonton/velcro-zippers.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete