Monday, February 18, 2013

Tea Tea Tea

I am an advent Starbucks drinker but as of late I have divulged my interests into types of tea. There are so much more!! Not only are there black, green, herbal, roobios, white, mate there is also pu'erh and oolong. The varieties seem almost endless, which is perfect when you are looking for that specific taste and you can't find it in your normal lattes, mistos expressos.


Speaking of starbucks (side bar) there were such cute little samples @ the southgate starbucks today. I love mini things!!! 















ANYWAYS back to my discussion about tea. I really like the different flavours of tea, if I have a cold I drink ginseng tea( chinese way to cure the flu/ cold), if I want a pick me up in the morning I drink some green tea with flowers in it, if I feel like a princess I drink tea that sparkles. YES I do have a tea that sparkles as you drink it and it is safe. I also have so many mugs to drink my teas in and also things to hold my tea leaves in. In fact I advocate drinking tea so much now I gave david tea gifts away for xmas presents to my friends, secret santa and to my brother. 
Here is a sample of my mug collection. One cup is from xmas from Ctsui another is from Urban Outfitters (Alice in the wonderland) it is my favourite movie of all times for old school movies and it is a gigantic mug that I can fit my whole face into. On my metal mug tree I have my UGLY DOLLS mugs and unfortunately i cannot find anymore of these mugs. I had originally gotten them at rafters in south edmonton common, however, I heard you can order them offline on their ugly doll website. For those of you who don't know what an UGLY DOLL is click on the link in the word. I also got a hello kitty mug set from Lisa (for all that don't know me, I love hello kitty its an obsession I will prob have a blog entry about that... no I def will since I will be go to Japan- Sanrio Purland) 
Dustin loves transformers and so do I we even have matching transformer shirts. ( he has been subject to a few pick up lines from women because of that shirt even when I am there... ... ...) You can't go wrong with a mickey mug though I want a matching mini mouse mug . I got it from Stacey and she said she got it from the Disney store. Wait I think that is also where my transformer mug came from too . I also have the good old Starbucks icon mug, its a staple. I also have a lot of traveller mugs and there are only two in the pic. The double glass one is from davids tea and actually its my second one. I broke my first one which was a nice teal. YAH its full glass and i am clumsy. the other is an bodoum tea/ coffee travel mug with a press. I got it at the bay for a nice 25 DOLLA (on sale) I have more ten 10 starbucks travel mugs which I didn't' want to bring down ( too lazy) 

Now on to my expansive tea collection 
(the little things hanging on the top left and right are my dog's ties) 
As you can see I have all types of tea , anything to your fancy and even travel packs. I also have tea bags to make these tea leaves portable. 

These two teas are my current favourite. Remember I said glittering tea well the GLITTER AND GOLD does that for you and it has a nice subtle taste that I love. I can drink it any time of the day and I can stare and it glittering all day long. The glitter comes from gold painted sugar balls in the tea (yes edible gold) and red velvet cake. Though it doesn't really taste like it since there is not cream cheese icing it still taste sweet  and has white chocolate in it too . 

I guess my question is CAN YOU FIND THE DINO in the pic... he is also a strainer for tea. I got him at Chicken scratch on Whyte ave after much search on line. HE cost a hefty 18 $ .

I do other posts later on tea and concentrate more on specific teas and describing when I like to drink them what goes good with it. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Vivian. The vast flavors the tea world offers will satisfy your taste buds one way or another. For me, Petal Pink Lemonade and Banana Split are two flavors I can't start a day without. Their aroma will relax you, and boy, the taste do not disappoint you as well! Thanks for sharing and keep on searching for that flavor you desire.

    Kevin Walls @ Tea Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got an expansive collection of teas! I wonder if I can also collect a bunch of them. Haha! I usually buy two or three types of teas to give as a gift to my parents. Well, I'll be looking forward to seeing your post about the teas that you usually drink. :)

    @MoringaDelight.com

    ReplyDelete