Friday, February 22, 2013

Woe are the Oil Kings

So I went to the game on Tuesday where Oilers went against The Los Angeles Kings. To make any game more excitable I always need to eat something when I watch. I went to the concession stand and found the cheapest thing: fries ($4.25). I even had to take out money from the ATM with a hefty surcharge. Then I realized as I got to the front of the long line for snackables that you can you your VISA and MASTERCARD. DANG! So I finally got my somewhat edible looking fries, loaded the ketchup and bought a 50/50 ticket. I mean it  can't hurt right. So as the game went on the 50/50 went to 61 thousand and I got excited. To be honest I suck at gambling when I lose I get really sad and mopey since I spend most of the time prior to the announcement of who won imagining what I would do if I did win.

So after the first quarter no one had scored yet, there were a few penalties and a few that should have been called. The Oilers seemed to have plenty of shots and got right up to the goal but nothing happened. THEY JUST WERENT THAT INTO IT. I swear most of their passes were intercepted or went to NOBODY. Jeez aren't they getting paid millions to properly entertain us. Don't they fell the stress to STEP IT UP?

When it was 1/1 I was excited maybe I would see my ever first shoot out. But by the end of the third quarter that dream was quashed. SOME BLAME the referee who got in the way and because of that an goal was scored by the KINGs. There wasn't much time left( 2 maybe 3 min  maybe less) and at this point the Oilers just lost it I SWEAR. they went for an empty net approach and did a 5 man team. TO MY DISMAY and many others THE Kings got another goal in just a few seconds before the end of the 3rd quarter. WHA BAMN. 3-1

In retrospect, the fries were super super super salty which prompted you to buy a very sugary soft drink that was water downed. I guess this is where they take all your money. The FLASH DANCERS.. yes they were not cheerleaders where not even above par and dancing skills were perhaps average( I must watch too many you think you can dance episodes) good thing that I didn't have to pay for the tickets. (Work perk)

They had just  come out in this blurry pic ( i had missed half the theatrics since I was in line to get some fries)

some crazy stretching skills as they warm up and show us their SKILLZ  (at this point the goalie for the KINGS pretended to suck when in reality... he was quite good
in between entertainment by little teeny boppers. There game seemed more coordinated
(bare faced no make up ) had to wear my glasses to see more clearly

EEek when we were in Quarter 2 and they scored!
SAD THING is despite having a 5 on 3 the oilers didn't score they first scored 5 on four . 

No comments:

Post a Comment