Saturday, February 9, 2013

How to combat the DRYNESS of Edmonton

Living in Edmonton in the winter makes my skin super dry and itchy. In response to the cold and wind chill, my face peels and then tries to regenerate a lot of oil to compensate and then I get dry skin and break outs. WHY WHY WHY. Also, this kind of weather gives people dehydrated skin that leads to wrinkles and a lack of GLOW and health. So what can I do to combat this effect? I mean the winter is practically 1/3 to 1/2 of the year.

I use multi techniques:

1. face lotions
2. face masks
3. BB Creams and/or Tinted moisturizer
4. Humidifier
5. Night Mask Cream
6. Drink a lot of AQUA (H20)

This doesn't only apply to FEMS this applies to MALES too. I really don't like it when men get all wrinkle/ saggy in their money maker.

I tend to use these few creams after I wash my face or before I go to sleep the one on the left is from biotherm and it gives you hydration as well as SPF protection. The one in the middle is great to use before sleep and needs to be washed off when you wake up the next day. The third one is just a cream not only for hydration but for brightening the skin tone. This is especially important in the winter when your skin can look dull or even red.

There are many awesome BB creams out there and awesome brands but most are so expensive, as a student I really just can't satisfy it. BB creams are awesome to get that hydrated and finished look . BB creams were used in korea especially for patients that had plastic surgery. It has great effects such as evening skin tone and making it look perfect, sooth and regenerate skin, encourage skin generation and anti-wrinkle and skin lightening.

 I also use aveeno for a moisturizer before i go out since i have somewhat sensitive skin and i get red often.

Urban decay's tinted moisturizer is pretty awesome and can be applied easily and does not feel caked on, super oily or heavy. Great for a long day wear.

Off course I'm super asian so I have HELLO KITTY masks for a silky smooth skin and glow. I love the smell and its super cute. Look below for how they describe the instructions:
I also use other masks such as :
These two masks are great for replenishing and nourishing and moisturizing. ALL THE -INGS you need in winter. off course these once have english instructions in the back though I never read them. I do though look at the ingredients to see whats in there. I found they have aloe components, grape seed extracts, ginseng root abstract and citrus peel oil. If you want to go more natural (no chemicals) you have to do a DIY and make it out of yogurt, egg white etc. and for me usually that is too goopy and too much work.
My motto for beauty is less work the better.

My routine is usually to use face masks once a week in a really hot bath so its humid and keeps the masks even more moist and also use the humidifier with VICKS humidifier to keep my nose from feeling like a nose bleed. Also drink tons of water 8 + cups to keep that skin hydrated and also go to hot yoga or some sweat producing activity to keep your body regulated.

Off course its not only our faces or our noses that get dry this season. I often find my fingers, my elbow (wenus) and my feet get ridiculously chapped. I use the brand CUREL for my hands and feet. I first saw this brand when I received it in my BEAUTY BOX (glossy box) a few months back. The lotion/ balm in the tube is rich and creamy and dries fast.


They are not super expensive at all and they have a mild and pleasant scent.

I also religiously use AVEENO products since I have sensitive skin. All of their products don't make my skin irritated. I just wish their lotion could smell better, but I guess that would mean more chemicals.
Surprisingly I can actually use Victoria Secret's lotion : Shimmer without getting a rash and it makes my skin look well.... SHIMMERY . I often use this after a workout to make my skin look glowing and also to make sure I don't STINK.


No comments:

Post a Comment