Monday, February 25, 2013

Manicure Monday: Tickle Me Pink (Julep + Zoya)

So a joint effort was made by Julep and Zoya to create this "Tickle Me Pink" look for your nails. Off course my nails are super ugly right now ... not only am I biter but winter is really rough for my hands. In the winter I tend to bleed a lot and chaff also I am still recovering from a BOTCHED acrylic with gel overlay procedure by Studio Nails in Southgate Mall. (Another Entry on this MISHAP later)

 so this is a no flash snapshot of the nail colour using the two types of nail polish. Julep one is a darker more robust pink called "Nicey" and Zoya is a softer hue, more girly called" Shelby". I have a small pedastool with poka dots I use as my sit on the group manicure table as to not drip onto the carpet, floor and other objects etc. I got this thing at IKEA, quite useful esp when I can't really reach the top shelf of my nail polishes. (refer to this blog entry for a look: fashion sense page )



Those are three shots using flash of the nails and how they look out of the bottle. Sometimes nail polishes looks quite different in the bottle versus on your nails. 

I think this look is perfect for those who love pink. Or even for those wanting to be a bit girly. The use of both colours makes it FRESHER and gives it a bit of edge. I suppose when my nails grow longer I will revisit this look and put other colours or designs. But I am a simplist and enjoy looks like these. 

What I noticed from the two different types of nail polishes is that Julep is quite thick and one application sometimes is enough to get that nice coated look on your nails. Zoya is not as thick and may require a few more swipes. Both have great colour and dry relatively fast. (I use Julep's quick dry drops) Despite the size difference Zoya actually has more ml n the bottle. 15 versus 8 ml. So bottle size can be a bit deceiving. 

I got both in BEAUTY BOXES so I do not really know how much I would be willing to pay for it if I saw it at the stores. I know that SEPHORA carries JULEP in their stores though their selection is limited compared to the BEAUTY BOX and online selection. 

I do enjoy that ZOYA has a disclaimer on the back of their bottle saying that their nail polish is "formaldehyde and etc FREE" which is great. My nails are already weak and brittle. Julep's contents are smaller and on a tiny round sticker at the bottom of the bottle. I would put my glasses on and read it but I am too lazy... maybe another time.

I believe that the quality of these two nail polishes are awesome in and I dare say eve better than OPI which was the craze .. I EMPHASIZE on was.  

For those interested in JULEP subscriptions click this button  below: (or this is my manual code :2860858) 


        I have put both buttons here since I switch between the two profiles

No comments:

Post a Comment