Thursday, February 28, 2013

Froyo @ Tutti Frutti

So Froyo (frozen yogurt) has been a bit of a craze as of late. I guess it is the "healthier" alternative when it comes to snacking. It is even found in movie theatre concession stands. I have tried a few frozen yogurt places such as twisted yogurt and stores that carry frozen yogurt like marble slab. To be honest I didn't get the fuss. Twisted yogurt wasn't very good and I would only ever get the plain flavour.

Now, a whiles back Tutti Frutti opened a store in Southgate Mall. I was there for the opening and got free FROYO ! (free for the win ~ must be the asian in me)

Here is a shot of the opening that I snapped with my cell phone. The line was ridiculous but I managed to be near the front of the line. The first time I tasted Tuttii Frutti I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe because it is owned by an Asian but there were actually asian flavours and toppings I enjoyed. It tasted refreshing and a great way for a snack. 
They have three cup sizes but I only captured two of the sizes (there is a blue one thats SUPER BIG) I always go for the smallest one (once again portion control) 

the sitting area kinda looks like this with  cute orange chairs and nice wall advertisements. I think I could even study here. (my elephant wallet fits right in) 

one of my favourite flavours is the salted caramel. I really like how they tell you exactly what is in the froyo flavour. 

off course I cannot go without Taro and usually there is a green tea option too. (those three are my favourite flavours) 

There is also always some sort of lighter option ~ sorbet flavours. I am not a super big fan of the sorbet but this time the pink lemonade flavour was actually surprisingly delicious. 

like most froyo places they weight it and usually if you don't add too much fruit and toppings it is around 4 to 8 dollars. NOT BAD for a quick date night or a pick me up! 
here is a few more creation where there are sprinkles and pomegranate seeds other fruits and boba bubbles that explode in your mouth. YUM 




Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment