Friday, March 1, 2013

Lite Affair: The Creperie Three Course Meal

Location: 10220 103 St NW  Edmonton, AB T5J 4C9


Easily accessible from Jasper Ave. By Center High Campus and can see TD Tower 

Recently I have been feeling the need for some lighter food options, esp for lunch time. The worst is when you eat a huge lunch and you feel bloated, heavy and then sleepy. Sleeping on the job or in class is apparently SEVERELY frowned upon. This reminded me of a trip I made to The Creperie for my father's birthday and how I really need to revisit the place again. 

So why would I go again? 


Well their lunch special is very affordable even for the struggling university student or someone who doesn't have a "REAL JOB" "GROWN UP JOB" etc. 

You actually have to walk downstairs (somewhat steep) to reach the restaurant. It has a rustic feel and it is quite romantic (not just merely dark) and its decor houses wine bottles and interesting ways to segment table from table. 
I stole this photo off of google and their website but it really gives you a feel on what it is like and the atmosphere

There are also decorative jars of pickled stuff and spices which makes each wall very interesting. 

I am all about multi serving meals. I hate just getting an entree and not getting to taste their appi or desserts. The Creperire's 3 course meal was excellent and leaves you full (normal sized people and not the gluttonous) but not bloated and tired. Usually I only have crepes at the heritage fair at the French booth but this restaurant makes delicious dessert and savoury crepes. 

The Three course meal has two different categories: Savory or Seafood. 
I went for the Jambalya with is a savoury crepe and my father went for the seafood : Crepe St. Jacques. (he shares so I was able to tastes both) Mine cost $16.50 and his cost $17.50

To start off we got oven fresh baked bread pre-sliced . the crust was perfect and the inside of the bread was soft and the aroma was divine. The whipped butter was excellent and there is enough to extra load your bread. 

Next comes the choice of what salad you want. I went for a salad I would never usually try and the salad is a mini size but still a good portion.
 The first one is a spring salad with cut strawberries, melons and raspberry vinaigrette. a fruity heaven for your mouth.

The second is a Bartlett pear with blue cheese and cranberry toppings. though I usually don't enjoy the tang of blue cheese this paring was quite good and I didn't mind the blue cheese.
 next comes the entries though they both look the same my fathers had mushrooms and scallops in his topped with a sherry sauce
 my jambalya was excellent and the chirzo was delicious. the rice on the side was perfectly cooked as well. (no complaints which is rare since most restaurants suck at cooking rice)
I love how my carrots were different colours and cut up in nice little strips for easy chewing. They were tender but not mushy. I would even say they had a bit of crunch to them still and retained their bright colours. 

For dessert you had the choice Crepe Framboise Cardinal or Crepe Glace Au Chocolat or a combo of both. Obviously we both chose the combo. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. It tastes really good. They both had a dollop of vanilla ice-cream and topped with toasted almonds. It had not only the raspberry puree but also the hot choco sauce. YUM IN MY MOUTH.And who could forget the whip cream. REAL CREAM. nice.





The Creperie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment