Thursday, March 7, 2013

SPK : Italian Italian

There are those times of the year when you crave a carb filled dinner or lunch. Sometimes you just want a saucy pasta dish that will satisfy your cravings. It may be hard to find a good italian place that is not too costly or not in calgary or banff.

SPK further downtown and easily accessible from jasper ave fits into my budget and taste delicious. The decor is lovely as well but may put you to bed. There is always lines unless you go when they open or your RSVP.

Here is there website: CLICK HERE
Address: 11239 Jasper Ave NW  Edmonton, AB T5K 0L5
(780) 488-38381239 J

asper Avenu
Dustin and I visited SPK a few times and I have gone with my father and for a friends birthday. SPK has a awesome decor and I really enjoy their lights. As you can see it is quite dark and I really love the atmosphere. It is great for cheerful bantor, a date or for a birthday and other monumental event.

There is an open kitchen so you can pretty much see what the chef is doing and how she/he is preparing your meal. Great since I really hate it when I can't see how my food is made and I get really anxious on if they washed their hands or dropped my food etc.




This is my all time fav pasta and I always get this dish: Penne alla Diavola
This dish has baby lobster( i love lobster) some grilled chicken and I love the cream sauce. The combo of the cayenne pepper and other herbs with the lobster and chicken and cream sauce is the perfect combo. Its not too saucy and it just compliments the meat well.$17.95
Panino Pollo is what I have for lunch times and I love the soup it comes with. I chose the soup over the salad. I believe it is a butternut squash soup. I enjoyed the panini it was super fresh and the bread was delicious. I thought it was HUGE though def too big to eat for lunch. $14.95 IT has grilled chicken, provolone cheese and has sun dried tomatoes.
Happy daddy with his SPK meal after I told him to get it. =) 
Here is a photo of the SPK food at a birthday gathering. That night I had a Paitto Assortito which is the chef selection of any two pasta combo. There is also Cozze Gorgonzola which is mussels garlic and leeks. The ravioli was delicious too, the tomato sauce was lovely.

Sicilian Pasta Kitchen Downtown on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment