Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Who doesn't love Sushi : I Love Sushi

When you frequent Jasper Ave and has a  father who loves to take you out for lunch, your go to place may just be : I Love Sushi. It is a small little restaurant nestled right beside a subways and a cupcake place and yes right beside a money mart.

Why do I go there?
Well it is relatively fast ( food and service) the prices are relatively cheap (considering it is sushi) and it is very convenient.

The key is to go right before or right after their rush hour. When it is around 11:45 to 12:30 they are jam packed right out the door. The establishment itself only has about 8 to 10 tables and a small bar that can seat 3 to 4 people. When it is busy, do not go if you are claustrophobic because it does get very tight and the people there PUSH you to finish your meal and you cannot relax.

THIS IS WHY only go during rush hour if you are a notoriously fast eater (I am and so is my dad) or ir you don't care to be rushed.

They are run by cantonese people and it always seems to be the exact same people there (which makes me think it is a family busn)

The decor is fairly cute with hello kitty and some japanese elements but it is not glamorous at all. They have some pictures all over their walls that show their food and the name of each item. They have some bento box selections but their evening bento boxes have more variety and choices.

 Here is one of my favourite rolls the chop chop roll which has raw scallops in it
 I also enjoy the cherry blossom roll which has salmon sashimi and avocado in it. I really enjoy the shape of it and it tastes delicious as well.

 Here is a mexican and spicy tuna roll.
 Their rainbow roll and mexican roll are nothing too special. I really didn't enjoy the selection of sashimi they had on top. It did not taste super fresh.
\

My dad and I usually go for the into box since it has a few selections such as pork or chicken and beef and you can choose sashimi or rolls. 


I also have gotten the katsu don at their place. It was ok nothing too special, it had a lot of rice and therefore LOOKED deceiving when it first arrived. 


 I usually get their nabeyaki udon when its cold outside. It has some chicken pieces ( not premium meat) an egg and tempura shrimp (one) with some vegetables. I think it is $9.50 for a bowl so its not too pricey.
The soft shell crab is pretty delicious and I would order it again. I don't know how much of the crab is in their but enjoyable nevertheless.

After eating there for a while I kind of get bored with the place. So I only go once every so often now, or if I can't think of a place to eat on jasper or off of jasper.

MORE PICTURES :
 This is their veg. roll : the catapeillar roll which has avocado onto and tempura yam on the inside. IT isn't bad at all and I really liked how fresh the avocado tasted.

I finally had their chirashi bowl. though it is not as good as WASABI's it is still pretty decent esp for the price you pay (less than $16)


I Love Sushi on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, Vivian! Sushi and various Japanese food have that oriental and exquisite taste in them that makes it unique. Combined with a wonderful food presentation, who wouldn't enjoy eating them? What's your favorite sushi dish? Mine is Unagi sushi.

    Jeanne Mabry @ Mikuni Sushi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Seeing you post makes me want to wolf down on Japanese food right now. You’re lucky to find a place with such delights that don’t come with an expensive price. =) Doug @ LinsBuffetABQ.com

    ReplyDelete