Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Appetizers Galour @ Earls

I usually never eat at Earls, because there care so many other choices in south edmonton common. (Milestones, Five Guys, Ikea ~horse meat scandal) 

But I was meeting c.tsui for her belated birthday and we only had a few short hours on a sunday so we had limited selection. We went in and was immediately seated, I mean it was 3:30 pm so no one had come yet for the early evening rush. 

I had deciding what to eat and tend to order everything ( note I had just had pho @ Pagolac House) I wasn't hungry but I love eating. We decided to order some appis to sustain us till dinner. 

The waiters were high school students?? well they looked like it and they were slow. We finally got our iced teas and waited for our food. This sucks since it was 3:30 pm no one else was really there. I just saw a lot of fooling around, flirting etc. EFFFFffff

Finally the food came. 

 This is our warm spinach and feta dip for $11 . It boasts a 3 cheese content with spinach and artichoke. Since its as blended into a thick like puree it was hard to differentiate if there really was artichoke. The cheese overpowered it all and yes it did taste good. As you can see there IS A LOT OF FLAT BREAD that has had toasted olive oil drizzled on it.
 Our yam fries was more disappointing. When I get yam fries at Joey's it come in a nice little cart (yes a mini shopping cart) and there is a lot more. Their chipotle mayo dip was not super great or exceptional but good.


Finally we went for the Prawn Dynamite roll. I love sushi but this wasn't the best one. ( it is a white restaurant after all can't expect them to get everything right.) These "prawns" are suppose to be beaded... they really weren't that breaded and they weren't that big. I did enjoy the mango that was in it though gave it a bit of sweetness. The sauce drizzled on top and beside was nothing amazing I prefer using wasabi WHICH THEY DIDNT GIVE US. There was maple soy reduction .... ew that just doesn't sound appeasing .

Here is a blurry view of their background with wine bottles that leads to the washrooms. The washrooms were super clean SURPRISINGLY and i like how they have superman and superwoman icons for their door.
(didn't' take any washroom photos... I tend only to do that when I am drunk...)

Location : 1505-99 Street SOUTH EDMONTON COMMON 


Though service was slow, our food still came the food was good. Didn't enjoy the sushi or yam fries ( I am picky about my yam fries) but liked the feta and spinach dip and fresh flatbread.

COST: around $20 a person not including tip

NOT BAD FOR A LATE AFTERNOON SNACK

oh yes here are 2 photo of me and c.tsui and her thoughtful gift =)


 looking nice
MY FULL on fish face. super attractive.



Earls on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment