Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another sushi place: Kyoto

Sushi Sushi Sushi

It seems like sushi is the new crave/ craze and its the IT thing to do for lunch and dinner and even business meetings.

I have been to many Sushi Places ranging from the fast food version (Tokyo Express) to really expensive sushi (In Banff). So I use to  go to Kyoto quite often since I lived quite near the university area. They are pretty pricey but the food is very dependable and you can go sit in their rooms.

I like to go for dates and even some late night eating. (Yeah for being open past 9pm which can be rare in edmonton)  Here are some pic of the sushi from Kyoto:


 Here is a poor snap shot of the sushi boat we got
This was our beef tataki which came out quite quickly. It was quickly devoured too and I didn't get food poisoning so they must have done something right. (I think it may have been ponzu sauce) The beef was sliced just right and not too thick or thin.
Agedashi tofu in a nice tentsyu broth with scallions on top
our miso as part of our meal. It was def not the best miso and flavour esp since my parents make home made miso but it was acceptable.
tempura and its dipping sauce. We got a selection of veg with this order. IT was quite fresh and obviously made when we ordered it. It was still hot when I put it in my mouth (burnt my mouth actually) WHICH shows its FRESH

THE BOTTOM are some of the rolls I have gotten

There was a roll that looked like ying yang rolls and the other was our rainbow roll. The sashimi on the rainbow rolls as very thing and to me not super fresh.

Their sashimi was ok sliced, the thickest sliced I have had was at Nomniya 


 ying yang roll ( kyoto special ) which is actually half spicy tuna and half dynamite roll. with spicy mexican roll on the side.
The one on the right is isobe roll and the one on the left is spicy tuna roll . The isboe rolls are delicious and seem to almost melt into your mouth. The cream cheese in it really brings a new level of tastes and fusion to these rolls. 


I don't even remember all the names of these sushis (these are photos from my last two visits)

I like eating their if there is no line so you can go pretty late or early. They are sometimes really slow in their service and I believe they are run by "cantos". (only real authentic japanese restaurant is WASABI that I know of)

It is sometimes hard to get server's attention even though there aren't many people there. When they are busy it is almost impossible to get a refill on water or a drink.

Eating here can be quite costly and things add up really quick if you want to feel full when you are done eating. Eating at lunch and making use of their lunch specials might be more MONEY savvy and better choice for those who are struggling students. OR just move to Vancouver.

Kyoto Japanese Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment