Monday, March 4, 2013

A Taste of New Orleans: Dadeo's

Ever wanted that New Orleans Feel / Food ?

I found it on Whyte Ave @ Dadeo's :Click Here for Website



"DaDeO New Orleans Diner & Bar is located on Whyte Ave in the heart of Old Strathcona. If you're not so good with directions follow the smell of crispy Southern Fried Chicken or our famous Sweet Potato Fries." 
10548a Whyte Ave, Edmonton Alberta T6E 2A4.

Their cooking can be best described as :Cajun and they have a retro diner feel.
They do not allow anyone under the age of 18 year and always IDs you which means this place is not a place for families with children. The place itself is actually kind of small and there is not as many booth/ bar seatings and often there are lines.

My personal favourites from this place is the "Po'boy" and their "Rib Jambalaya"

They have relatively reasonable prices and their food tastes authentic and delicious. I mean I can't testify to how authentic since I have never been to New Orleans or had cajun styled cooking anywhere else.

 Here is a small snapshot of their decor. The old juke box doesn't actually really work serves as pretty cool decoration that makes that retro diner style work.
 Here is a Po'boy with their famous sweet potato fries (sub for $1) All their Po'boys are $12 and are filling enough for dinner, esp for lunch.
Here is my delicious and flavour loaded rib jambalaya for $16 . Looking at the pic again makes my mouth water.

They always give you a small scone/ bread/ biscuit?  and their jalapeño jelly to dip it in. I personally hate it but other people that I go with love it.

 (Found this pic online my pic was so blurry since IT was so dark and I didn't want to use flash)

Here is another example of their "artsy" "fartsy" decor

THE GOOD: The food is awesome and def got that home cooked feel

THE BAD: Horrible service, horrible wait time HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. The food comes super slow and seriously the people working their look kinda nasty and I don't really want them to be touching my food. 

WHAT CAN YOU DO THOUGH when you crave that kind of food... 



DaDeO New Orleans Diner and Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment