Monday, March 11, 2013

Lazia: Affordable but Not Notable

Here is a review done by The Edmonton Sun: Click Here 

10200 102 Ave. (Edmonton City Centre West)
780 990 0188
Lazia.ca

 After reading the review from the Sun, I really wanted to experience Lazia. My father had gone before with his co-workers for lunch and told me that it was pretty good and a step up form the pho places we had been visiting.

Here is there sample online menu : Click Here 


They claimed that his restaurant was a asian fusion with Korean, East Indian, Chinese and Western elements.

The decor was cool enough, I really enjoyed the centre piece that had going. I stared at if while I waited for my food. We went just before 11:30 and we thought it wouldn't be very busy. There wasn't many people there yet they insisted on sitting us by the kitchen area. (The next people who came in got a seat near there too) IT was really noisy and the service was slow. 



We finally got our food and my butter chicken $18.95 was nothing too special. Presentation was mediocre considering the price of the entree is comparable to other restaurants like Milestones, Joeys and Earls. My dad loves fish and chips and pretty much orders it whenever he can. This was his fish and chips and to be honest the presentation sucked and though it tasted good the portion was quite small. His dish crispy fish and chips cost $13.95. Despite the guarantee of fresh hand cut fries, the fries were soggy and not desirable.

At this point I would not recommend coming here esp during lunch when it gets busy and there are lines. I will probably have to revisit the place to tastes some of their other dishes before I can make a final decision if this place is not worth the HYPE.


Lazia on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment