Sunday, March 24, 2013

DREAM TEA HOUSE (BBT)


I love BBT, I love the slush types, the real fruit types, the powder type and even the plain old original type. There are a few BBT places in Edmonton (nothing compared to TAIWAN) I discount the places in the malls usually since their BBT is catered to the WHITES that know nothing about a BBT and what it should tastes like. To get good BOBA or pearls or bubbles it requires some balancing skills. Cook it too long and its soggy and the balls disintegrate. Cook it not long enough and the powdery inside (tapioca powder) still exists. You are going for that slightly chewy a bit soft texture and taste. YES HARD TO ACHIEVE for a novice .

Off course as you all know my ALL TIME FAVOURITE BBT place is actually a Taiwan run little store called OPPS TEA. (click here to read more)  Before I found Opps I often went to Dream Tea House ( I did go to OSA for high school which is just on whyte) . Dream Tea use to serve more than just BBT or shaved ice, they had actual food. That quickly went away and when I can back from BC they moved to only drinks and shaved ice. They have re-added some wings and some light snacks. appis. 

Dream Team House recently celebrated their 10th anni at the Whyte Ave ish area. This BBT location is right in the same complex as Dollorama, Seafood Buddy and Bikram Yoga. It is across the street from B-Bell Bakery. This is a perfect place to hang out late at night (late store hours). I remember coming here after my graduation ceremony. 

Dream Tea House usually has pretty consistent products be it at their WEM location or Century Park. Right now the fanciest location would be the Whyte Ave one, with newly done up inside decor. They have a fireplace and even a bar like atmosphere. 


These are Dustin and Mine's usual selection, we try to sway from trying new things because it can be a HIT or MISS. Take for example when I tried their Jasmine Honey BBT, it was soooo strong and no honey it ended up being too bitter so I threw it away. 

Dustin always goes for the Taro (powdered) BBT. In calgary there is a little asian strip mall that makes real TARO BBT which is DIVINE Dustin usually double fists that drink . I go for the less sugary fresh watermelon drink whenever they have it in season. Its just such a refreshing drink ! 


We also love shaved us the more colors the betters and the more condense milk the better. When I was younger I owned a shave ice machine but since then I broke it. Though the shave us in TAIWAN is 100x times better this will have to do. It is great on a hot summers day to relax and cool you from the inside out. 


Any add on of jellys is 75cents and if you don't have a bill of 10 dollars it costs you a transaction fee. They also have a punch card = buy 9 and then 1 free. 

Yes come here.... if you want their shaved ice... 
Dont come for their BBT, go for OOPS instead.
Want the ambience or decor COME
if not Opps has a cute little design. 

Here is their website: Click Here 

Dream Tea House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment