Friday, March 29, 2013

You must go to : T.H.I.S Place

Off the beaten path is a cute little store, nested between new business pop-ups (Quest Hair e.g. )

THIS stands for To Be Happy is Simple.
I entered and immediately loved the decor and atmosphere. There was only one guy there at that point ( the owner) Tom something or other. They had really cute rice crispie offerings in honour of easter. CUTE (sorry it was blurry, I was moving around too much taking in the SCENERY)
On their counter in cute jars were other snackables.
They are a fruit bar? And they specialize in food with fruit. As Tom said CHOCOLATE is like a fruit.... Above is their menu. As you can see the prices listed is SUPER cheap for a BOTIQUE/ speciality coffee shop. Everything is freshly made too.
They have cute zen like sitting areas.


I ordered a chili hot chocolate with homemade whip cream.
Since they get their chocolate from BC and it is not powder based Tom told me he could tweak the heat of the chili to whatever I wanted. It was in the AM so I asked for medium heat. The drink was delicious and as you can see there is that darker rim of colour right under the whip cream. THAT IS ALL COCO BUTTER. delicious. I usually have hot chocolate from TIMMIE HOES and their hot chocolate is watery and yields a chalky consistency especially at the end where the powder was not mixed properly. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE HERE . Loved the drink, delicious, just the right amount of sweetness, deep coco taste and heat.

I sat right by this huge piece of art as I was doing my essay. VERY MOTIVATIONAL.
Their washroom was VERY clean and their soap was yummy smelling. They even had body spray available to you. I love a good clean washroom.


Here is another shot at the decor and layout of the place. They have books here that you can read as well. (I saw one about cats and The Life of Pi)
I also went for a popsicle. Tom suggested a marbled one with creamy coconut and blueberries. IT WAS DIVINE. I wanted more. It is never too cold to have one of these babies.

I love how at the end of your Popsicle they remind you its from T.H.I.S Place. GENIUS.

Tom actually has a degree in nutrition. NO wonder his stuff is so good =)

OVERALL I would say come here LOTS. Service is good, good convo, good atmosphere, good drinks and food.


APRIL 2013
Went back again and again and my new favorite is now the salted carmel hot chocolate with pink Himalayan salt.

THIS is a must drink! it cost $4.75 but well worth it esp with their home made whip cream. The salt is so different and so savoury. Makes my mouth water. This pink salt is delicious .



T.H.I.S. Place on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment