Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dim Sum : Beijing Beijing Style

Lets go for some dim sum.

My mother and I headed to Beijing Beijing this afternoon for a quick meal before shopping. We opted for dim sum at Beijing Beijing on calgary trail in south park. When we arrived it was already 12:15 pm and the place was packed. Luckily I know the manager (one of them) and we were able to get a seat ASAP. (yeah we got free tea too)

 Here is a sample menu which is great since there are pictures. For those who are "white" or don't eat dim sum much the pic give a somewhat accurate look at what you will be getting and you can also see the names. The actual product is not as pretty obviously but close.
 We got this shrimp balls? I don't even know what to call these but I always get mine cut up so its not as hot and burn my mouth. There was also a dish of hot sauce you can dip it in. The shrimp in it is not even real i think it is only partially shrimp but it still tasted good.
 I always get chicken feet at Beijing Beijing. They make is sooooo yummy and soft and tender and the sauce is super delicious albeit very salty. There was four legs so a chicken .... (i try not to think of it as part of an animal) also its really hard to eat this and not look like a savage since there are little bones.
 Yum more stuff I get cut up. This was pretty good but nothing too special since I have made this at home too. I bought it frozen at TNT and then steam it in my own wok.

 Daikon Cake Would be a pretty direct translation. Its a pattie made out of daikon and it is pan fried I believe and has some unrecognizable yet yummy things in it. I love eating this esp with the hot sauce and I like it crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside.

I also love tendon. Usually tendon is pretty expensive. This was 4.25 I think and it was marinated really well in this spicy sauce.


Another pork dish that was super fatty super delicious and probably going to give me a heart attack. Pork short ribs with black bean I think.



Most of our dishes ranged from 3.75 to 4.25 each and our total bill with tip was only around 30 dollars. Not bad for 2 people looking for some hot fresh food for lunch.

For those wanting dim sum, Beijing Beijing offers quite a variety and they bring by their trucks often with fresh made dim sum . The food is not super expensive and if you bring 3 to 5 people it would be really worthwhile. Note that they get really busy and sometimes the line can be out the door.

Also for those who don't really eat salty and oily food, I advise taking some pepcide or tums before coming.

Beijing Dim Sum & Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment