Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner: I Hop

I really don't get why "white people" love their breakfast food. (ok maybe most people love it) I personally hate breakfast and prefer to skip right to lunch or dinner. I really don't' get the appeal of pancakes or toast etc. Only really thing I love eating for breakfast is FATTY bacon and sunny side up egg or Egg in a Basket (like on V for Vendetta the movie)

Well over the weekend Dustin proclaimed he was craving some breakfast food and since I usually make us skip breakfast on weekends I decide I could give in and try I Hop AGAIN. I had it before and it wasn't good I had their healthy crepes and was thoroughly disappointed.

So I Hop Try number two:

Location: 3921 Calgary Trail South Park Centre, Edmonton AB T6H 4J8

Here is their menu with some sort of dessert pancake on the front. Dustin saw this and I saw the gleam in his eyes. He was ready for a HEARTY breakfast at 9pm



 They also had omelettes but I wasn't really feeling it since I had pizza just before we went.
 What was creepy was how they divided up the seating. There as a clear section in which you can catch someone's eye contact. CREEPY It also made for good creeping I guess. (yes sometimes I like to look at what other people are eating so it can help me decide what to order)
 Here is some of the tables and booths. We got a booth. I love booths.

 The above two pictures is dustin's meal. As you can see it is much smaller than going to get a BIG BREAKFAST at Denny's or going to Ricky's All Day Grill.  His breakfast/dinner plate was called : Split Decision. It said its as hearty but to me it was just sad. I would be super hungry if I hadn't eaten pizza before. their triangle french toast was DRENCHED but I actually liked them.
 I went for a dessert : CINN-A-STACK Pancake. Please go to their website and see what as on the picture on the menu. The actual food does not even look similar. The super glazed version on their menu is nothing like what I had. I had a small smear of it between my pancakes and the cream cheese icing tasted HORRIBLE. =/ I guess I thought it would taste just like a CINZEO bun (the inner most part = the best part) Well it wasn't the worst thing I ate. IT was good for "in the moment" but would I go back. PROBS not.  and WABANG that thing was 890 calories. HOLY This is why we are getting SUPER obese.



Lets not forget, the serve your own coffee canteen they leave on all the desks. And how it leaks everywhere when you try to pour a cup. Dustin seemed to enjoy the coffee though. He isn't as picky as I am.

What else did I see while I was there at 9 PM.
A lot of lonely people.
A lot of youth
and A LOT OF slacking by the staff (stop flirting while I am waiting for me food to be served)



IHOP on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment