Saturday, March 16, 2013

Who doesn't want a good BJ : The Burger Joint

Everyone wants a good BJ at least once in their life...

I mean a decent burger joint is what gets you going on those long hauls and crappy days.

Location : 9132 23 Ave NW 

This place is right by COSTCO right by Millwoods and near South Edmonton Common. It is in a little complex with stores like nail salons, lash extensions, some HORRIBLE facial place and a massage place. 

The place is legitly called THE BURGER JOINT. A co-worker of mine (A.M.) read my blog and suggested I go there for his favorite burger : Donair burger and curly fries. I finally took his suggestion despite being literally on my death bed. (nausea, stuffed nose, watery eyes and pounding headache) 

Here is their facebook page: CLICK HERE

I asked the owner how long they have been open since the place LOOKS BRAND NEW as in super super super clean. He said 2 years. 

Here is where you place your order, either you make your own burger or choose off of their menu on the wall. There is also a space you can look into the kitchen. 

this is the decor and dining scheme of the place. IT IS ACTUALLY pretty awesome. 
who doesn't love a good old gum ball machine that happens to be standing at the ENTRANCE.
This is their signature burgers that is posted on the wall. 

Cute little mini fridge built right into the cash counter

A little pig for tips (this is so adorable) 
and whole lot of seasonings for your fries!!!! 

while I ordered my food to go I went to go to the washroom. I was surprised I had to take two turns to get there and the decor once again was lovely.
cute little sign on the door showing it is women's
inside the washroom is an awesome mirror and an even cooler faucet.!
their washroom is very clean and has modern decorations. This washroom is thus far the cleanest and most favorite washroom of all the restaurants I have visited thus far. 

I finally got my food and we went home. They gave us a card that gives us free medium fries next time we come and also here is the list of how to make your own burger. 

we got home some 20 min later and I immediately began to chow down. The curly fries were pretty good much better then the food court variety. The little garnish was a cute after thought but didn't really do anything for the fries. it came it taziki dip which was actually super yummy. The curly fires is a 8/10 for me. They were $3.25


Here are two shots of my donair burger one from the top and one upclose. The taziki sauce is just over flowing. The bun is grilled too which was nice. The lettuce was fresh and so was the other vegetables in it. The only thing I think they can do better on is THAT HUGE SLAB OF ONION. When I ate it, it became too overwhelming. Perhaps next time less onion or they should make it less SHARP?


here is dustin's 100% lamb burger with feta cheese. I took a bite of his and I would say the meat itself is better than the one from SUGARBOWL but the cheese and rest of it (sauce) is not as good. Overall, it was still an awesome burger.

The total of two burgers and the curly fries came to $ 22.50 I think Dustin's lamb burger was a dollar more than mine. 

I definitely would come back here again. The decor is nice, the washroom is nice and the food is pretty good! The staff and cook were helpful and attentive (though in retrospect we were the only ones there). 


The Burger Joint on Urbanspoon

1 comment:


  1. awesome blog ! it is my first time visit i here. looks for delicious burgur, especially tasty burgur, i love fast food. thankyou for
    shearing this information with us!chowringhee satyaniketan

    ReplyDelete