Monday, March 25, 2013

Cyber Warfare: N Korea

Look at CTV's news article: Click Here

With recent news on Visa network problems and other online malicious malware that has plagued our online network and identity I read about South Korea's cyber attack last week.

 In the 21st Century alot of what we do it ONLINE, we bank online, we chat online we trust the computer and the securities in place. WE blog and share information online and put pictures of ourselves. We shop online and buy stocks and trade. So when there is a cyber attack, I feel as if my hard earned identity, money and status can be easily taken away .... LIKE THAT *snaps fingers*

There is strong implications that the cyber attack in S Korea was instigated by a  team of "cyber warriors" from N Korea. Scary thoughts..... To be honest when I think of N Korea I just think of Kim Kong Il a scary and short dictator.


I also think of poverty and third world country conditions. Like the article I find it silly almost that North Korea could be capable of launching an attack of that scale ONLINE. N Korea is very impoverished and has limited outside contact with the world. Their average income is $1,190 on average versus S Korea which is $22, 000 average a year.

However, as the article goes on to explain NORTH KOREA is putting an emphasis on IT, with a supposed 3000 hackers. The article says they are sending malware to USA and S Korea so I guess Canada might be safe from N Korean attacks.




No comments:

Post a Comment