Monday, March 25, 2013

the white PHO PLACE: Lemongrass Cafe


I swear the more I work out the more I eat. After a long day at work I went to the gym and worked off the stress for a good 1.5 hours. After pouring sweat I became hungry and asked Dustin to go somewhere to eat. We were lazy so we headed to Lemongrass Cafe. I had only been there one time before with a friend and I had bo bu hue. It wasn't very good and the broth tasted funny but I was willing to give this place another try.


 The inside featured some attempts at modern art with framed pictures along the walls.



 Snapshot of the menu. There seem to be a huge selection but the PHO portion was lacking.

Their washroom seemed clean but reeked of the CHEAP washroom cleaning product smell.



 After much deliberation we decided on an appi of green onion cake. It came about 5 min later and though it was fresh it was definitely not he best green onion cake i have had. The inside was almost too doughy and under cooked and it was not as fluffy as other green onion cakes I have had. $6


I went for their house special combo for their rice pate. The rice was good but the contrary to the description in the menu there was only 2 shrimp and not much meat at all. There was lots of onion and one that I had in mouth tastes SOUR as if it was already past its due date and they still cooked it in there. Overall this dish was too salty and not to my liking. $14 


Dustin ordered #16 and it was ok, the broth tasted fine but nothing special and there wasn't much meat in it. $10

The meal cost us 31.50 without tip.
In my mind this was a waste of money and it made my stomach hurt. I would not go back again unless I was beyond desperate for pho and no place was open.

To me it was overpriced WHITE PEOPLE VERSION of what pho should be. To be honest when I looked around I was the only ASIAN there in the restaurant. The other 15 or so people were all white. I guess for those who prefer the "WHITE WAY" of chinese food or vietnamese food this would be the spot for you.



Lemongrass Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment