Thursday, March 21, 2013

Another Pho Place: PHAT Noodle




My father and I both frequent Jasper Ave. His place of work just so happens to be right on the same street as many restaurants. One day we got tired of eating I LOVE SUSHI (our go to place) and decided to try this somewhat newly opened Pho place. It use to be another sushi place that got shut down. It was under renos FOR A LONG LONG TME. Finally they opened their doors. The first time I went I was MEDIOCRE. The food selection wasn't what I was use to their menu is printed on lime green paper and there is only a few types of pho and not even a 5+ color bowl. Oh well it was fast and quick. 

The second time I went to it I was very disappointed even ANGRY. There was a long line and we were in a rush. They insisted they could fit us in, in fact they could first take our order and charge us and by the time we sat we would have our food.... SAVING TIME RIGHT? wrong.... we chose and paid finally got our seats no water came I had no chopsticks and our food was never made. We ended up waiting some more. I being the BIG COMPLAINER went right to the kitchen GOT a little LIVID. I asked " who is the chef here?" he chef came out apologized and gave us free shrimp salad rolls (6 of them) I guess he sure knows how to deflate our anger.

I then went a few more times with friends and a co-worker. I only took one photo, I feel like their food is so simple, not even decorated nicely so I never take a picture. The place itself is tiny and the chairs and table wobbly THOUGH ITS BRAND NEW. Overall Its a ok place for a quick lunch with co-workers BUT DONT BRING YOUR BOSS. The broth is ok the selection slim but what can you do when you are on the run and I LOVE SUSHI is packed with people out the door. 

P.s. Had their green onion cake once. It was hot and fresh but nothing too crazy. 




Yes they serve all their stuff in plastic plates or plastic bowls.... CANCER?

This is a picture of my vermicelli plate and my friends rice plate. Choices are limited to chicken or beef or both.... SO YES NOT MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM.

I guess this is good for those who can't really decide on what to eat.
(Service is a hit or a miss )
(food quality is mediocre)

The Phat Noodle on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment