Friday, March 8, 2013

Night Time Adventures: Monster Mini Golf



For those who don't know me, I have absolutely no skill with sports that involve hand to eye coordination, or any coordination for that matter. I am also a very sore loser and I hate the fact that I can't win in anything. This is probably why I haven't gone to mini golf in a while. The last time I went was to the one in West Edmonton Mall some 3 years ago. 

A few saturday nights ago I got really bored, and lets be honest after 9pm on a Saturday there is only a few things you can do: watch a movie, go out, eat out, do the dirty or stay at home. (yes some can be done simultaneously) So Dustin and I were cursing around calgary trial and we decided heck why not lets go to mini golf. 

We went in and there was already a line up. The place looked small in comparison to the bowling alley on gateway blvd. We had to wait for 3 other people/ groups to go first. so we we looked around. It sort of had the same feel as the Circus City in WEM (Before it got shut down) but also had a small mini golf course on the other side. At first glance there was some intense glow in the dark "HAPPENAGE" and I was wearing a black shirt which showed all my lint! GREAT. 

We waited about 15 min and after attempting to play a few arcade games we were up.
Though the whole place is quite small there is some pretty good setups and the 18 holes actually took us about 45 min to 1 hr to compete. (yah the people ahead of us were super slow) 

Here are some pictures of the inside. They have some moving objects too that scared me SHITLESS. The music wasn't too bad either and they had a dj?? well a employee who DJ.




I love the CARBS ATTACKING painting on one of the walls, totally fits in with how I feel my daily life is on a DIET.
With the tickets I got I was able to get a parachute man. When the weather is nice I will climb up somewhere/ something and play =) tehee it really reminds me of the good old times. (being a child really rocks you can do whatever you want, no judgement)

This freaky rat thing moved too and scared me enough that I screamed (tres embarrassing)

Overall, I had a really good time at Mini Monster Golf and would come again. I think because I liked them on FB I got 2 dollars off and in total for both of us for 18 holes it was 14 dollars. Pretty good deal and as we were leaving we got a coupon for buy one get one free.


No comments:

Post a Comment