Monday, March 4, 2013

Just another burger: Five Guys

Name: Five Guys
Location:10161 13 Ave NW  Edmonton, AB T6N 0B6
(in South Edmonton Common by Future Shop and Lowes)

Their Website: Click Here

Rating: Mediocre, probably visit again on a "dirty" night or when you are hungover

Cost: $$

What I bought: 1 Little Cheese Burger + 1Bacon Cheese Burger + 1Large Fries + 1 Standard drink

Total Cost: $23.50 (or close it was 23 something

After meal thoughts:
Semi full, fries were meh a bit soggy, atmosphere was gross, feels FAT (check their nutritional info here... this is why I feel fat.... because I ate fat)

So today I was doing really good I mean I have only 56 days left before I head to Asia. I ate a healthy breakfast and went to work and then worked out hard core (full on sweat) at the gym for a good 2 hours. I was doing good. I ate a steamer for lunch, splurged and had a few spicy ketchup chips from old dutch and an aloe vera drink. Still doing good. Then dustin came home and we went out to get dog food... BIG MISTAKE we ended up at Five Guys

I remember people raving about the fast food joint. I was like meh it is from the states maybe its like WHITE CASTLE off Harold and Kumar. (living the American dream of OBESITY)

So tonight I finally tried it out... please follow along with my pictures:



This is their wall, they got some propaganda up there telling you how good their stuff is ... quotes from newspapers etc. hmmm

This is where you order. The menu was very limited which can be a good thing. (They specialize) They did not have any yam fries =/ I love yam fries why doesn't everyone carry yam fries....I watched other people order and finally it was my turn. I was super nervous because I have never been there before and I suck at making decisions on the fly. Good thing the menu was limited. I went for the little version since the cashier told me I WOULD NEVER be able to finish the normal size. SHE obviously doesn't know me very well. To save face I ordered the little one. SIGH ... I never pick what I really wanted (side note: at  milestones I never go for the AAA slow roasted prime rib though that is what I crave every time I go there instead I go for something stupid like a salad and end up eating the salad and trying to eat dustin's steak)

Here is their menu and once again the PROPAGANDA continues .. at this point I was pretty starved so I was ready to eat anything... As I was waiting .. Yes it took 10 min before we got our food (this was slow to me for FAST FOOD JOINT STYLE)

I looked around and I see bags of peanuts. You can scoop your own peanuts but some people were NOT CONSIDERATE at all they put all their WASTE on the floor. NOTE TO SELF never ever work there ever. I didn't eat any, I didn't think it was very hygienic.



There is an open kitchen concept where you can see "young'uns" cook your food. See the stacks of peanuts... I wasn't kidding.

I waited patiently as I stared at their ketchup and vinegar display. IT IS VERY SELF SERVE here...

we got our food from an underage looking child and it was in  a brown to go bag and IT WAS GREASY. Yeah #43 . we got jipped our drink so I had to go back to the cashier "rip her a new one" show her my receipt and get a cup.

 my little burger... i got lots of extra toppings such as jaleopeno. Things were falling everywhere
 This is his two pat tie one.

Our  comparison... His and her burger.. You pay 2 dollars more for the extra pattie.
According to their website they only use fresh ground beef... HOW FRESH HOW FRSH like you got a cow in the back and you slaughtered it fresh and then made patties?? They really don't specify.
They only use PEANUT OIL. so for all those allergic don't even think of going inside the restaurant ... its fully contaminated... or bring your eppi pen.

Woot trans fat free thats nice.

All in all not that great and cost $23 some dollars. I rather go to McDICKS

No comments:

Post a Comment