Sunday, February 17, 2013

Nailpolish Addiction: Julep Maven (Feb Box)

I am subscribed to various beauty boxes and one of them is the nail polish/ beauty product geared monthly subscription box from the US: Julep. Though I often bite my nails( the nervous type) I do at times grow my nails out and can utilized my massive nail polish collection. As seen under my Beauty tab, and the picture of my two rows of nail polish from OPI, ESSIE, JULEP, NAIL FOOD (korea), I adore nail polish.

So JULEP costs 19.99 a month plus taxes and it includes 2 nail polishes usually and some sort of other beauty product. In the past I have gotten quick try drops, cuticle butter, mascara, lip stick as the additional beauty product. All of the high in quality and made in USA. Like any subscription they gauge you by using a survey to determine what nail polishes they should choose. You can also add on another nail polish or two during a set period of time for a low price of 4.99.

This is this months box plus the extras I ordered:

As you can see my box this month was super loaded I added 2 extra polishes. Included is a eyelash curler that is portable.
Originally 18 dollars and 14 for members I am already more than half way their for the cost of my box.
"Made with a patented Hexanal formulation, nails are restructured to a stronger, thicker, and smoother condition in just one stroke. Results are nails that are structurally stronger, and less prone to breakage and splitting. "
I have yet to use it so I do not know how great it works * more updates later* I had a similar bottle from Sally Hansen but I also didn't use it long enough to see if it actually had beneficial effects. But if it does work it is perfect for those who have brittle nails from biting, and from those who often use nail salon services to get acrylic and gel nail sets

According to Julep it is originally 18 dollars and for members 14. "Activated by natural light, this innovative formula creates a unique polymer force field that prevents chipping for days longer than regular top coat, leaving your nails with a gel-like shine (but without gel-removal hassle)."

This is perfect since my manicures chip due to me using my hands and or being really clumsy.

I also adore the fact that each nail polish has a person's name such as "ginger, laura, rose" etc. They are quite matching to their colour.I also like how they have an area on the top of the nail polish cap for a swatch (says swatch me" so you know the colour of what it looks like out of the bottle)

I also love how they include a candy every time , during halloween it was these orange candies that look like teeth and in xmas it was cute candy canes. This month for feb we got little hearts.

Here is a pic I found of another person's box , as you can see they got different colours due to their profile.

Shipping for additional products outside of your monthly box is free and if you want it faster it doesn't cost to much. When it ships free it usually gets there within a week. I recommend this box and i think it is SOOO WORTH IT for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment